If you’re an adventurous spirit who loves off-roading in your UTV, then you might find your UTV covered in unsightly mud stains. Don’t worry; we’ll tell you the amazing ways to remove these stains easily. So, Read On!
Basically, Due to Daily Usage, Inappropriate Maintenance, Dangerous or more concentrated chemical use, and Mud or Sandy Areas, the stains get harder to remove.
However, Regular cleaning, Using Fender Flares And Mud Guards, and solutions of baking soda with water will definitely remove stains from UTV.
Ready to take a look over the easy ways to remove mud stains? Then let’s get into it without further ado!
Reasons For Getting Mud Stains On UTV Plastic – Take A Look Below!
- Daily Use Of UTV In Mud Or Sandy Areas:
One of the main reasons for getting irremovable scars on the UTV plastics is the running of this vehicle on sandy terrain areas where there’s a huge risk of getting dust and debris over your property.
- Irregular Maintenance Of The UTV:
Another factor to which you guys have to pay attention is the maintenance of the UTV, which need to be perfect for the next-level results.
But in case you’re not cleaning your vehicle on a regular basis, obviously, it’ll become harder to remove these stains, and eventually, they just stick over the vehicle.
Furthermore, not using fender flares or mudguards to remove such dirt from the UTV can also be a reason. Because mudguards, as specified in the name, will keep your vehicle neat and clean and will guard it from mud, dust, and dirt. That’s why inefficient maintenance can be a cause.
- UTV Standing In Sunlight For So Long:
We all know that sunlight is actually a strong UV radiation that even can damage your skin. And that’s why keeping your vehicle out there can cause so many problems in it, of which having strong stains is one.
- Use Of Highly Concentrated Chemicals For The UTV:
Last But Not Least, Using High potency chemicals in order to clean your vehicle can also cause a malfunction in the way of getting stains over it. In some cases, the whole plastic gets damaged, which is why the concentration of that solvent matters a lot.
So these are the few factors to which you guys have to pay attention for the next-level work of the neat and clean UTV. Read This Forum-Based Website for more ideas about this problem.
Now, let me elaborate on the tips and tricks along with some valid solutions for you guys in case you’re looking for spotless lavish UTV.
Solutions To Remove The Mud Stains From The UTV – Beginners Guidelines!
First Of All, Do Proper Cleaning Of Your UTV:
The first thing you need to do in case you want a fully cleansed and rinsed UTV is to do a proper full deep cleaning. Because after that, you’ll get to know whether the stains are left or not. Try to use the UTV/Vehicle cleaner for the purpose of a simple soapy solution. But make sure to clean your vehicle on a daily basis or after 3-4 days.
Install The Fender Flares And MudGaurds:
The next thing you can do in maintaining your vehicle is to add the Fender Flares or Mud-Gaurds over it.
Because Fender flares are made that way to protect the UTV Tyres from getting too much dust and to protect them by providing an extra shield.
On the other hand, the mudguards, as specified in the name, are particularly made to protect the vehicle and the consumer from water, dirt, mud, or dust along the way.
That’s why it is very important to buy and install them rightly. But the question arises, From where should we buy the best fender flare and Mudgaurds? Let me tell you,
- Fender Flares Amazon is the best source.
- Mudguards Amazon are of great quality and have amazing price values.
- eBay is also an option if you’re looking for the best online authentic store.
Try To Use High-Quality Covers When Not Using UTV:
Another thing that everyone should have to work on is taking care of their vehicle. Covering it with a next-level sheet will not allow the sunlight to damage the plastic components or dust and dirt to get into the parts of the UTV. Now let’s move on to some crazy parts of this article.
Some Hacks To Remove The Strong Mud Stains From The UTV Plastic:
Lastly, I would like to present some iconic pieces of information which you all will know, some easy and simple tricks that you can do without spending a huge amount while maintaining the vehicle.
- Clean The UTV With The Solution Of Baking Soda And Warm Water:
Yes, cleaning your vehicle with this solution will definitely remove the spots from the vehicle. Basically, Baking soda is a non-abrasive and gentle option for removing mud stains from UTV plastic.
Because The paste-like consistency helps the baking soda adhere to the surface and penetrate the stains.
And, Scrubbing the stained areas with the baking soda paste helps lift the dirt particles and remove them completely.
- Try Using The White Vinegar Solution to Remove Mud Stains from UTV Plastic:
White vinegar is an acidic substance that can effectively break down mud stains on UTV plastic.
The vinegar solution helps dissolve and loosen the mud particles for easier removal.
It is important to dilute the vinegar with water to avoid potential damage to the plastic surface.
Lastly, Rinse the plastic thoroughly with water after applying the vinegar solution to remove any residue.
- Automotive Plastic Cleaner or Degreaser for Mud Stains on UTV Plastic:
Here I would like to give a tip to you guys about using Automotive plastic cleaners or degreasers that are specifically formulated to tackle various stains and grime on UTV plastic surfaces.
These products often contain specific chemical compounds that effectively dissolve mud and other contaminants.
Always follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer when using plastic cleaners or degreasers.
Some products may require a certain amount of dwell time to allow the cleaner to penetrate and break down the stains.
Rinse off the cleaner thoroughly with water after scrubbing to avoid any residue.
- Prepare A Cleaning Solution Using Dish Wash Soap:
Nothing tricky here; all you have to do is to follow the steps mentioned below;
- Fill a bucket with warm water and add a small amount of mild dish soap or automotive soap.
- Now, Mix the solution gently to create a soapy mixture.
- Clean the plastic surfaces by dipping a soft cloth or sponge into the soapy water and gently scrub the mud-stained areas.
- Apply light pressure and work in circular motions to lift the stains. Make sure to Pay extra attention to any particularly stubborn or heavily soiled spots.
- After scrubbing, the last step left here is to rinse the plastic thoroughly with clean water to remove any soap residue.
- Ensure that all the soap is washed away, as leftover soap can leave streaks or residue on the plastic.
And Wala! You’ve finally removed the sticky mud stains from the Plastic of your UTV. Feel totally free to use these above-mentioned methods to cleanse the whole property. Watch This YouTube video for more understanding and solutions to this issue.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Can We Use Pressure Washer To Remove The Dust Stains From The UTV?
Yes! We can definitely use the pressure washer to remove the sticky Mud particles from the UTV plastic. But it is recommended to use an optimum pressure, neither too high nor too low. This pressure is basically used to clean the seats of the UTV.
2. Can We Use Scrubbing Pads To Remove The Mud Stains From The UTV?
As specified by name, These pads are something crusty that will remove the dust clots efficiently, but rubbing it hard over the UTV plastic will lead it to be rough and may cause damage to the vehicle.
That’s why it is not suggested to use scrub pads after cleansing the whole vehicle. Try some other ways suggested above.
3. Is Polishing The Plastic With Mud Stains A Good Approach?
Yes somehow! If nothing of the other solution you’ve tried is working and removing the stains, then you can try polishing it with nice, high-quality paint. That’ll renew the whole look of your UTV.
Heading Towards The End:
So, in the end, we came to that point where we had so many incredible ways of removing the mud spots from the plastic of the UTV.
Some of them include Proper Cleaning Of Your UTV, Install The Fender Flares And MudGaurds, Using Of High-Quality Covers, and some easy tricks like cleansing with a Solution of Baking Soda, White Vinegar, and Automotive Plastic Cleaner will assist you in this case.
Just try to work on all those factors that are causing the dust particles to get stuck here. As we’ve compiled above, driving aggressively on terrain and dusty areas, inadequate maintenance, and not installing Mudguards and fender flares will all result in dirty and full of stains UTV.
- Are BMS UTVs Any Good? What is BMS? Examining BMS UTV Models
- Are TrailMaster UTVs Any Good? Detailed About TrailMaster UTVs
- Are UTV Truck Racks Safe? All You Need To Know About UTV Truck Racks
- Can I Use A Utv To Move A Boat? – Everything You Are Looking For!
- Can I Use an Automotive Battery In My UTV? – Everything You’re Looking For!